Welcome to my on-line tribute to the London based Chiswick label. Started in 1975 and, under various guises, still going strong to this day, Chiswick put out some of my favorite records ever. Here you'll find an ever growing collection of info, record sleeves, old advertisements and whatever comes to mind. So dig in and enjoy!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Hammersmith Gorillas acetate


(From Record Collector # 196, Dec 1995)

RC: The first Chiswick recordings never came out...
Roger Armstrong: They were done at (future Stiff supremo) Dave Robinson's studio above the Hop & Anchor. I've got tapes of them all. We thought we'd lost them. It actually sounds better now, the Hammersmith Gorillas thing. I's love to have the mastertapes to remix it, because I was producing and I wasn't very experienced, which didn't help matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home