Welcome to my on-line tribute to the London based Chiswick label. Started in 1975 and, under various guises, still going strong to this day, Chiswick put out some of my favorite records ever. Here you'll find an ever growing collection of info, record sleeves, old advertisements and whatever comes to mind. So dig in and enjoy!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Count Bishops Italian picture sleeve



The Count Bishops - Sometimes, Good Guys Don't Wear White/You're In My Way
Chiswick CH 201, 1978 Italy


Now here's a real curiosity, an Italian only coupling of these great tunes off of the Bishops' first LP. The label sez campione non commerciable which might mean it's a promo copy, but then again, one of those on-line translation services tells me it means "champion not commerciable"...
Anyway, if there's one there's gotta be more. The Italian Chiswick discography is a big blank space here at HQ. Who's gonna fill me in?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeroen, that's not Italian, and I know my Italian. Eh, Comme, mamma mia, porco dio. My Geuss it's Spanish. So why is it on a Italian release? Joris.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:31:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is Italian, my mistake. I thought the word Sez was part of the phrase but that's your modern english, sorry.

Joris.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:06:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Campione means "monster" in dutch like in "monstercollectie" That's an tradesample.

Joris.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Jeroen Vedder said...

Muchos gracias for the translation Joris! Didn't knew you were linguisticly inclined...

Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home