Welcome to my on-line tribute to the London based Chiswick label. Started in 1975 and, under various guises, still going strong to this day, Chiswick put out some of my favorite records ever. Here you'll find an ever growing collection of info, record sleeves, old advertisements and whatever comes to mind. So dig in and enjoy!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Let's open the floodgates!

The initial idea was to go through the Chiswick catalogue chronologically on this here blog, and then slowly move onwards into documenting the label's many offshoots. This would have worked out fine if what I call my "archives" were ordered in some kinda sane fashion. But looking around at the piles of what can only be desrcibed as "stuff", it's obvious that I can only keep this blog going by posting things at random. But look at it this way; doesn't life itself appear just like that? Variety, surprises, whatever drops from the shelves first. The Screaming Blue Messiahs, Elmore James, Super Rail Band Of The Buffet Hotel De La Gare De Bamak Mali or the Drug Addix, it's all earcandy to me. So sit tight, hold on to your seat and dig this ride...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home